Friday, January 9, 2009

this woman's work

"I know you've got a little lfie in you left and I know you have a lot of strength left."
Song: This Woman's Work
Artist: Maxwell*

Sometimes I feel so tired of it all. The constant struggle with debt and bills. The frustrating search for meaningful relationships (of all kinds). The tragedies, brief or substantial, that surround. And on and on and on. There are moments when I want to just sit on the floor, and stop fighting against at all. But I don't. Because regardless of how tired or frustrated or lonely I am I never forget that the strength of God dwells inside me. People survive all types of horrible tragedies and circumstances because of that strength. That kind of strength survives beyond the basic human will. I remember when nothing else is there, when I'm alone,sad, overwhelmed, etc., there is a strength inside me that never dies.


*yes, I know that Maxwell's version is not the original but its the one I prefer

No comments:

Post a Comment