Thursday, April 16, 2009

all that i got is you

"Sometimes I look up at the stars and analyze the sky and ask myself was I meant to be here."

There are monsters and demons on earth. I'm not talking about vampires or yetis or leviathans. I'm talking about pedofiles, serial killers, abusers, terrorists, etc. People whose existence in this world causes destruction and misery.

And there are victims. There are children born to monsters that lose their childhood and never get a chance to become whole people. There are women who marry monsters, then suffer through their daily lives. There are people tortured and killed by monsters just for some sick pleasure.

These victims. These people who spend years with these monsters. These people who die senseless and excruciating deaths. I don't know anything about living through something like that but I would imagine this thought runs through their mind often: Is my only reason on this earth is to suffer and die in a monster's hands?

No comments:

Post a Comment