Friday, April 24, 2009

i don't wanna be

"I'm tired of looking around corners wondering what I gotta do or who I'm supposed to be."

Clarity comes in odd packages and unexpected moments. In a period where my focus should be on what I am going to do in the next few months, how I'm going to survive, I have instead become caught in a web of self-reflection.

I am remembering the values and beliefs that I want to live by. I am beginning to enact long-held goals. I am searching beyond academic, professional, and social success.

I know more about myself today than I did two weeks ago. I know how my priorities are ordered. I am learning where I want to compromise and where I refuse. I am fighting bad habits and choosing new commitments.

Most importantly, I am embracing me. Every crook and cranny. Every flaw. Every imperfection. Every oddity. Every pleasure. Every hope and dream. Every love.

"I don't want to be anything other than me."

No comments:

Post a Comment