Tuesday, February 24, 2009

when your life was low

"Although I never hear from you still its nice to know you used to love me so when your life was low."

I have always been the type to walk away. I have these great friends, and then I leave and we barely communicate again. I have these wonderful connections with family members, and then neglect to keep in contact. And I'll have the best intentions in mind... Despite how it may seem, I never forget. Those people and the moments we shared are the memories I cling to, that help me understand who I am and who I want to be. They are my foundation. And they are a constant reminder that home is where you make it, that love exists everywhere and anywhere you seek it, and that I have been so blessed in my life.

To quietly and confidently love and care for someone that needs it is a choice. To do so and ask for nothing in return is an amazing gift. I have received such gifts and will give the same willingly.

"Always remember my friend: The world will change again and you may have to come back through everywhere you've been."

No comments:

Post a Comment