Thursday, June 25, 2009

will you be there?

"In our darkest hour, in my deepest despair, will you still care? Will you be there? In my trials and my tribulations. Through our doubts and frustrations. In my violence. In my turbulence. Through my fear and my confessions. In my anguish and my pain. Through my joy and my sorrow. In the promise of another tomorrow. I’ll never let you part for you’re always in my heart."


R.I.P. to the King of Pop

Your contribution to the evolution of pop music and what it means to be an entertainer will never be forgotten. You were a pioneer, and you were the breakthrough that allowed hundreds of other black musicians to have a wider audience and more acceptance. You cannot be forgotten because we see you in every Usher, Chris Brown, Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, Ciara, and on and on. We see you in Janet.

No matter the controversy, the eccentricities, we know how amazing and important you are and we will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment