Wednesday, June 24, 2009

collide

"I'm worried I won't see your face light up again."

What if today was the last day I made you smile?

Things change so quickly. Today could b e the last day you loved me. We're so fickle these days, myself included. Tomorrow you could wake up to find my laughter annoying, my quirks less endearing, my thoughts no longer memorable.

We all like the new and shiny. The unknown becomes more exciting than terrifying. And as crazy as it sounds, it becomes safer.

There is a constant fear of exposure. Of putting yourself out there with all your beauty and ugly. Leaving your soul open to rejection. Putting everything you have into one person.

Sometimes fear of commitment is really more about the fear that one day the person laying beside you will wake up, look at you, and no longer see your shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment