Monday, March 16, 2009

h to the izzo

"He who does not feel me is not real to me therefore he doesn't exist"

My name is Rhyan. Rhyan Martrell. I am a junior in high school. I have a 3.85 gpa, am vice-president of the honor society, and am in the glee club. I raise my hand in class and enjoy answering questions correctly. I prefer playing Trivial Pursuit more than watching football. I am, by all definitions of the word, a nerd.

So what does that mean? That I am smart, hard-working, self-motivated, and goal-oriented. It means that I embrace my uniqueness, and don't necessarily long to fit in. And I have friends. I have fun times. I have parental issues. I can't wait to get my own car. I look forward to moving away for college.

But, I have no desire to be one of the "cool kids". I don't want to hang out and party on weekends. I'd rather read Thoreau. I don't want to smush into the bleachers at football games just to cheer on the home team. The list goes on... Most importantly, I don't want to dumb myself down just to fit in. I'm sure they make fun of me. Or maybe they don't even notice me at all. Either way, it doesn't matter. They are not like me. They don't want to understand me. Their priorities are vastly different than mine. Therefore, their opinions don't matter. In my mind, they barely even exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment