Thursday, March 12, 2009

hands

"Worry is wasteful and useless in times like this. I won't be made useless or be idle with despair."

Shit happens. I cannot be more blunt than that. We all know it does because it happens to us on a regular basis. That is why I lobe this quote / song. I'm not saying that there aren't unavoidable circumstances, nor am I trying to belittle the everyday struggles. But some things are simply inevitable. You will have bad days.

As of this moment, I will be unemployed come August. I have about five months to find a job during possibly the worst recession since The Great Depression. Still, I will not worry. I will focus on doing the job I have, learning as much as I can. I will network. I will tirelessly apply for jobs. I will job hunt. I will even make an alternate plan in case my efforts are in vain. But I WILL NOT worry. I will not be overcome by the consequences of unemployment. I will not be paralyzed by the prospect of unemployment. If I allow those things to happen, then I will be unemployed.

Its that simple. To worry is to get caught up thinking about something so much that you neglect to act to remedy the situation. Just shake it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment